BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Addressing the Congress.

So, after watching President Obama's (of whom I am a fan) address yesterday, I had a few thoughts:

1) Doesn't it seem counter-intuitive to borrow money so that more people can borrow money when borrowing money is what got us into this economic crisis to begin with? Why not make money available to the banks/businesses/regular citizens who are living within their means, paying off their debt and buying things in cash? Why not use this time as an opportunity to re-teach americans how to buy things they can afford? How to delay gratification? I know I could benefit from that. I know it's not a quick fix, but isn't it a better fix in the long run?

2)While watching the speech I've been thinking about the main differences between repubs and dems and I think it boils down to this: Dems believe a country is successful with big government and small businesses. Repubs believe a country is successful with small government and big businesses. Which is right?

3)Bobby Jindal looked like he was trying to take a page or two from the Pres's speaking manner, and failed. And they say he's a contender for 2012? No thank you. Be yourself. I also find it ironic that he's turning down money to help pay unemployment for part-time workers, but he's willing to take money to help with Katrina rebuilding. You can't talk about wanting small government but then talk about how Katrina was a government failing. Either you want big government or you don't.

4)America has got a long way to go before we're healthy again. Schools, health care and energy are all things that reflect on the relative health of our nation. And let's face it; all those kind of suck right now.

5)I'm glad hopeful Barack is back.

6)I'm interested to see what is going to happen over the next four years.

0 comments: