BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Adolescence

Whilst talking on the phone the other day to a good friend, I realized something.

It's amazing what 10 years of experience and perspective will do.

One of my youth has been weighing on my heart for a while now. She is talented, beautiful, funny and just seems completely lost.

In every different situation, she is a different person. From minute to minute her personality changes from happy to sad, excited to coma-like, from being inclusive to completely excluding.

I also see a lot of my 10 years ago self in her. The insecurity to really be who you are. The ability to be the same person in different crowds. Being able to express emotions without coming across as rude or hurtful.

I want to tell her (and maybe myself at that age too): "You are beautiful, talented, funny and amazing just as you are. Why not just be yourself?"

1 comments:

Dutch not German is said...

You are so crazy insightful! I'm going to try and call you tonight. I'm finding that answering your myspace comments in my head probably doesn't work well. Talk to you soon!